ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Tools UI/UX Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
We are looking for a Tools UI/UX Designer to help build and improve all our game development tools and pipelines. Responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements, and building navigation components. This role will work with the tools team and collaborate with all members of the game team, to help implement and improve their workflows throughout development. This role will bring consistency across all tools with a focus on usability and streamlining complex flows.
Experience with design software and wireframe tools is a must to be successful in this role. A portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with application or tool development is also required.
• Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
• Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and wireframes
• Collaborate with engineers and other developers on workflows and workflow interfaces
• Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
• Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how tools function and appear to the user
• Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
• Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
• Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
• Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
• Develop and adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
• Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
• Portfolio of design projects
• Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Adobe XD)
• Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Up-to-date knowledge of modern game engines like Unreal 4 and Unity
• Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
• Good time-management skills
• BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field